Subject: doubt about WG for e-mail protocol enhancement

From: Noel David Torres Taño <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 22:35:24 +0100

Hi all

I have an idea for e-mail enhancement regading security and spam. Which Working Group should I join to?

Thanks in advance

Noel Torres
er Envite
-------------------------
A: Because it breaks the logical flow of discussion.
Q: Why is top posting bad?

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Oct 2013 21:49:22 -0000

The appsarea list would be the appropriate place, but first you might
want to check the wiki from the former Anti-Spam Research Group and
see if we already know about it.

http://wiki.asrg.sp.am/wiki/Taxonomy_of_anti-spam_techniques

R's,
John

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 17:57:01 -0400

--On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 22:35 +0100 Noel David Torres
Taño <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all
> 
> I have an idea for e-mail enhancement regading security and
> spam. Which Working Group should I join to?

There is no active IETF WG devoted to those topics although,
depending on what you want to propose, some might overlap.

With no disrespect intended, but with memories of seeing a lot
of messages and discussions that started out like the above,
please start by carefully reading
http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/you-might-be.html.  If any of
the comments appear to apply to your idea, consider just moving
on to something else.   If not, you might investigate whether
MAAWG has some activities that overlap with your concerns and
solutions.

If the IETF is the right answer, it is often better to get an
Internet Draft posted that carefully explains the problem you
believe needs a solution and why your approach solves it before
going WG-shopping.

Speaking for myself only.
    john