Subject: RE: Proper credit for work done -- on finding chairs (was CHANGE THE JOB)

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 10:25:19 +0100

Henning,

Can Carol also add "Carol thinks this is a pretty dumb idea, but since it is
mostly harmless and there is some support from people in the FOO working group
and no sustained objection she did not block its publication"?

Adrian

>I see no problem with a one
> sentence addition in the acknowledgements section along the lines of "This
> document is a product of the FOO working group, chaired by Alice and Bob,
> within the BAR area, with Carol as the responsible area director.", with a
suitable
> free-form recognition ("Only their periodic public floggings of the authors
caused
> this document to be finished.") added as relevant. The working group is often
> mentioned already, as far as I can tell.

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 13:48:21 -0400

Yes, that would make the acknowledgements the most interesting part of the hypothetical document to read. Kind of like reading between the non-existing lines of the "FOO working group has terminated" announcement...

Henning