Subject: Re: future of identifiers

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:56:34 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>

    > And having chaired NSRG

It might be worth observing that NSRG was focused on new namespaces for the
lower-middle part of the stack (e.g. TCP endpoint names), whereas I get
the impression from Jari's note that that was about names further up
(application, etc).

But maybe I got an incorrect impression?

	Noel

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:12:38 +1300

> But maybe I got an incorrect impression?

I don't think so, but since we have broken the layer 3/4 namespace in various
ways, and are at severe risk of breaking the layer 7 namespace too, not
to mention the mapping between them, it's hard to separate the two
discussions.

   Brian