Subject: Invitation to Participate in Mentoring Program

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 21:55:04 -0800

All,

At IETF 89 we will once again offer the IETF Mentoring Program. The goal
of the IETF Mentoring Program is to match IETF participants who may be new
or otherwise in need of guidance with experienced IETF mentors. As a
mentoring participant, your mentor will personally introduce you to the
IETF community, help you find your way around the IETF & the meeting,
explain things, and introduce you to other attendees you might like to
meet. Basically, your mentor will be your personal buddy during the
meeting week, and possibly afterwards.

Unlike in the past, at IETF 89 we will accept requests for mentors from
anyone who wants one, regardless of how many meetings they have attended
previously. We cannot guarantee that every request will be honored, but we
will do our best.

If you wish to participate in the IETF Mentoring Program, you can follow
the sign-up procedures described in the program FAQ:

https://www.ietf.org/resources/mentoring-program.html

After you follow the sign-up procedure, we will introduce you to your
mentor by email prior to IETF 89, and invite you to meet up in person at
the IETF Meet & Greet event on Sunday afternoon in London. From there on,
you and your mentor decide on when and where to meet during the rest of
the week and afterwards.

You are of course free to withdraw from the program at any time and for
any reason, no questions asked, should a need arise. But I sincerely
believe the IETF Mentoring Program will be a great way for new
participants to get introduced to the IETF by an experienced participant
with matching interest.

Regards,
Jari Arkko
IETF Chair

---

From: Palanivelan Appanasamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 22:08:35 +0530

Hi,

I like to participate in the mentoring program and here are my details:

Full name: PALANIVELAN APPANASAMY
Email address: [email-masked]
Affiliation: DMTS, VERIZON LABS
Country in which you are based: INDIA
Gender: MALE
Are you attending the upcoming IETF meeting in person (note that the
mentoring program is only open to in-person attendees at this time)? YES
Will this meeting be the first IETF meeting that you attend in person? NO
If not, how many IETF meetings have you attended? 03, This will be my
fourth.
What technical topic(s) brought you to the IETF? ROUTING,BFD, L4-L7
IETF area(s) of interest, if known (see
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/area.htmlfor more info): bfd, transport,
applications
IETF working groups of interest, if known: (see http://www.ietf.org/wg/ for
more info): rtg-bfd, httpbis, mptcp
What other SDOs and/or technical activities do you engage in? have couple
of drafts on bfd, one archived after iesg review.
What are your preferred conversational language(s), if not English?
ENGLISH, TAMIL
Would you like to be paired with a mentor who speaks your preferred
language(s), if possible? [Yes/No/Indifferent] -
Do you have a preference as to your mentor's gender? [M/F/Either] Either
Do you plan to attend the newcomers' meet-and-greet on Sunday at 16:00? YES
Do you plan to attend the welcome reception on Sunday at 17:00? YES
Any other info you'd like to share:
I work as a Distinguished MTS Engr. with Verizon Labs. I have previously
worked with Motorola, Lucent, Juniper, Cisco and EMC in their frontline
product engineering teams and been engaged with IETF activities since 2009.
I am a Internet society returning fellow and ietf89 will be my fourth IETF.
I look forward to mentoring new comers @IETF.

Thanks and Regards,
A.Palanivelan

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 11:25 AM, IETF Chair <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 89all mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/89all
>