Subject: Email header randon(?) changes

From: t.p. <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 10:33:42 +0000

Why does the format of the messages on i-d-announce for I-Ds change
format on a seemingly random basis?

The change that bugs me is the appearance and disappearance of the space
after action and before draft, which completely upsets my filtering, and
given the deluge of e-mails that will appear later this month, that
wastes my time.

Thus
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-lan-nvo3-qtp-01.txt
versus
Subject: I-D Action: draft-lanthaler-profile-registry-05.txt

The CAPS do not bother me, nor does the switch between

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
and
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="NextPart"

but that little old space does.  And this is not new.

Any ideas?

Tom Petch

---

From: Glen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 06:47:26 -0800

Hi Tom -

These messages are generated by the IETF tools, managed by the tools
team.  Although I'm sure many of them are on this list, this list
isn't the most optimal place to submit these requests.

As described here: http://trac.tools.ietf.org/about , ideas for new
tools or for refinement of current tools should be directed to to
[email-masked].

I hope this information is helpful, and encourage you to reach out to
the tools team with your suggestions.

Glen
Glen Barney
IT Director
AMS (IETF Secretariat)

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 Feb 2014 17:56:55 -0000

>but that little old space does.  And this is not new.

Learn about regular expressions?

Helpfully,
John

PS: the state of the art in the regard seems to be procmail, an amazing
piece of work in daily use around the world, with source code essentially
unchanged in over 20 years.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 08:12:52 +1300

I believe that there are two formats because one of them
is generated by the automatic posting tool (when successful)
and the other one is generated by an older tool used by
the Secretariat for manual posting (when automatic posting
fails for some reason).

    Brian

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 17:11:09 -0600

But it shouldn't be too hard to make them the same.
I'll add that to things someone could pick up at the next codesprint.

RjS