Subject: WG name on I-D front matter (1id-guidelines.txt)

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 17:07:55 +0100

Hi,

  http://www.ietf.org/ietf-ftp/1id-guidelines.txt in the 7 December 2010
version says 

   There are differences between the RFC and I-D format.  I-Ds are NOT
   RFCs, and I-Ds are NOT a numbered document series.  The label
   "INTERNET-DRAFT" should appear in the upper left hand corner of the
   first page.  If the I-D is associated with an IETF working group, the
   name of the working group should appear on the line below the
   "INTERNET-DRAFT" label.  The document should NOT refer to itself as
   an RFC or a draft RFC.

The Working Group name appears in the upper left hand corner of the
first page ABOVE and before the "Internet-Draft" label.

(I checked this because some assume when a WG name appears in that spot
then a Working Group has chosen to publish the document, while others
assume I-D authors can put any Working Group name they find suitable
there, making it hard for outsiders to tell individual submissions and
documents that have gained some level of Working Group consensus apart).

regards,
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/