Subject: Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-07

From: "Kamran Raza (skraza)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 03:21:13 +0000

Hi Roni,

>> I was wondering if this document should say that it updates RFC5561 (specifically section 10)

Yes, section 10 of RFC 5561 talks about ipv4-enabling by default in LDP unless disabled explicitly.
The RFC  however does not specify any extension/procedure as per se for this.
Our I.D. is adding such a capability to be able to “disable” ipv4 or ipv6 (as well as  PW FEC 128/129)
and is not extending or changing any of this (RFC 5561). So I am not sure if this doc has to be tagged
as “Updates RFC 5561”.

Rgds,
—
Kamran

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 1:52 AM
To: "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, "[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-07
Resent-From: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Resent-To: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, Syed Kamran Raza <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Resent-Date: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 1:52 AM

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.
Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may receive.

Document:  draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ip-pw-capability-07

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:2014–5-6

IETF LC End Date: 2014–5-12

IESG Telechat date:

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as Standard track RFC.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:
I was wondering if this document should say that it updates RFC5561 (specifically section 10)