Subject: Last Call: <draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri-16.txt> (The PKCS#11 URI Scheme) to Proposed Standard: new draft 17

From: Jan Pechanec <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 11:45:01 -0800 (PST)

hi, I've addressed comments received so far during the last 
call and given that there are several different changes I've filed a 
new draft 17.  There is still an ongoing discussion on i18n 
requirements and I expect that there will be a new draft following on.

	draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri-17.txt contains the following 
changes:

       - slot attributes added to identify a PKCS#11 slot

       - some minor editorial changes as suggested by Derek Atkins

       - IANA registration template added to the draft itself as 
suggested by Martin Duerst.

       - normative language used as per RFC2119 as suggested by Sarah 
Banks

       - IRIs (RFC3987) are referenced per Nico Williams's suggestion

       - a syntax error found by Shawn Emery fixed in the ABNF grammar

       - ABNF was simplified as suggested by the ABNF check tool 
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/bap/abnf.cgi (I replaced "*1(xx)" with "[ 
xx ]")

       - text notes that use of "x-*" attributes is obsolete and 
should be avoided as per BCP178.  Based on a comment by Bjoern 
Hoehrmann.

	- a new section on generating PKCS#11 URIs added based on 
initial comment by Henry B. Hotz.

	direct link to the diff from the previous version:

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri-16&url2=draft-pechanec-pkcs11uri-17

	best regards, Jan.

--
Jan Pechanec <[email-masked]>