Subject: ANRP presentations at IETF-95

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 16:34:47 +0000

Hi,

we are extremely pleased to report that for the 2016 award period of
the Applied Networking Research Prize (ANRP), 53 eligible nominations
were received. Each submission was reviewed by several members of the
selection committee selection committee according to a diverse set of
criteria, including scientific excellence and substance, timeliness,
relevance, and potential impact on the Internet.

Based on this review, six submissions are awarded an Applied
Networking Research Prize in 2016. Two prize winners will present
their work at the IRTF Open Meeting during IETF-95 in Buenos Aires,
Argentina. The ANRPs for IETF-95 go to:

*** Roya Ensafi *** for examining how the Chinese "great firewall"
discovers hidden circumvention servers:

    Roya Ensafi, David Fifield, Philipp Winter, Nick Feamster,
    Nicholas Weaver, and Vern Paxson. Examining How the Great Firewall
    Discovers Hidden Circumvention Servers. Proc. ACM Internet
    Measurement Conference (IMC), Tokyo, Japan, October 28-30, 2015.

*** Zakir Durumeric *** for an empirical analysis of email delivery
security:

    Zakir Durumeric, David Adrian, Ariana Mirian, James Kasten, Elie
    Bursztein, Nicolas Lidzborski, Kurt Thomas, Vijay Eranti, Michael
    Bailey, and J. Alex Halderman. Neither Snow Nor Rain Nor MITM… An
    Empirical Analysis of Email Delivery Security. Proc. ACM Internet
    Measurement Conference (IMC), Tokyo, Japan, October 28-30, 2015.

Please subscribe to the IRTF-Announce mailing list in order to receive
future calls for ANRP nominations and join ISOC to stay informed of
other networking research initiatives:

    https://irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/irtf-announce
    https://isoc.org/join

Regards,

Lars Eggert, IRTF Chair            https://irtf.org/anrp
Mat Ford, Internet Society         https://isoc.org/research/

2016 ANRP Selection Committee

Mark Allman, ICIR
Marcelo Bagnulo, UC3M
Lou Berger, LabN
KC Claffy, CAIDA
Mark Crovella, Boston University
Lars Eggert, NetApp
Stephen Farrell, Trinity College Dublin
Nick Feamster, Princeton
Mat Ford, ISOC
Lisandro Granville, UFRGS
Volker Hilt, Bell Labs
Suresh Krishnan, Ericsson
Al Morton, AT&T Laboratories
Jörg Ott, Aalto University
Colin Perkins, University of Glasgow
Aiko Pras, University of Twente
Jürgen Schönwälder, Jacobs University Bremen
Joe Touch, USC/ISI
Rolf Winter, Hochschule Augsburg
Lixia Zhang, UCLA