Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-schoenw-opsawg-copspr-historic-03.txt> (Reclassification of COPS-PR and SPPI to Historic) to Informational RFC

From: "Bert Wijnen (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 15:01:05 +0100

I support moving COPS-PR to historic.
As far as I know, it never really picked up traction in the industry.

Bert

On 02/03/16 15:56, The IESG wrote:
>
> The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
> the following document:
> - 'Reclassification of COPS-PR and SPPI to Historic'
>    <draft-schoenw-opsawg-copspr-historic-03.txt> as Informational RFC
>
> To follow the procedure 2 at http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/designating-rfcs-as-historic.html, we need an IETF Last Call for this draft. Note that https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-copspr-sppi-to-historic/ had already its 2 weeks IETF Last Call
>
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
> final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
> [email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-03-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
> sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
> beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
>
> Abstract
>
>
>     This memo reclassifies RFC 3084, COPS Usage for Policy Provisioning,
>     and RFC 3159, Structure of Policy Provisioning Information, to
>     Historic status.  This memo obsoletes RFC 3084, RFC 3159, RFC 3317,
>     RFC 3318, and RFC 3571.
>
>
>
>
> The file can be obtained via
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schoenw-opsawg-copspr-historic/
>
> IESG discussion can be tracked via
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-schoenw-opsawg-copspr-historic/ballot/
>
>
> No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.
>
>
>

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 14:24:01 +0000

Same as Bert, and for the same reasons I support the reclassification of COPS-PR and SPPI to historic. 

Regards,

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ietf [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bert Wijnen (IETF)
> Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2016 4:01 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-schoenw-opsawg-copspr-historic-03.txt>
> (Reclassification of COPS-PR and SPPI to Historic) to Informational RFC
> 
> > The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to
> > consider the following document:

---

From: thomas nadeau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 14:26:01 -0500

Totally agree with Bert here.

tom

> On Mar 3, 2016, at 9:01 AM, Bert Wijnen (IETF) <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:02:40 -0600

Pet peeve. Please make the following changes:

OLD
Obsoletes: 3084, 3159, 3317, 3318, 3571
NEW
END

(No need to obsolete; they'll show "HISTORIC" on the page. This document 
isn't updating the old ones.)

OLD
    This memo reclassifies RFC 3084, COPS Usage for Policy Provisioning,
    and RFC 3159, Structure of Policy Provisioning Information, to
    Historic status.  This memo obsoletes RFC 3084, RFC 3159, RFC 3317,
    RFC 3318, and RFC 3571.
NEW
    This memo requests the reclassification of RFC 3084, COPS Usage for
    Policy Provisioning, RFC 3159, Structure of Policy Provisioning
    Information, RFC3317, Differentiated Services Quality of Service
    Policy Information Base, RFC3318, Framework Policy Information Base,
    and RFC3571, Framework Policy Information Base for Usage, Feedback,
    to Historic status.
END

OLD
    The purpose of this document is to reclassify the COPS Usage for
    Policy Provisioning (COPS-PR) [RFC3084] and the Structure of Policy
    Provisioning Information (SPPI) [RFC3159] along with the
    Differentiated Services Quality of Service Policy Information Base
    [RFC3317], the Framework Policy Information Base [RFC3318], and the
    Framework Policy Information Base for Usage Feedback [RFC3571] to
    Historic status.
NEW
    The purpose of this document is to request and explain the
    reclassification of the COPS Usage for Policy Provisioning (COPS-PR)
    [RFC3084] and the Structure of Policy Provisioning Information 
(SPPI)
    [RFC3159] along with the Differentiated Services Quality of Service
    Policy Information Base [RFC3317], the Framework Policy Information
    Base [RFC3318], and the Framework Policy Information Base for Usage
    Feedback [RFC3571] to Historic status.
END

OLD
    It is therefore appropriate to reclassify COPS-PR and SPPI to
    Historic status, as described in [RFC2026].  Along with this action,
    the QoS provisioning data models written in the SPPI language and
    published in [RFC3317], [RFC3318], and [RFC3571] are reclassified to
    Historic status as well.
NEW
    It is therefore appropriate to reclassify COPS-PR and SPPI to
    Historic status, as described in [RFC2026].  Along with this action,
    the QoS provisioning data models written in the SPPI language and
    published in [RFC3317], [RFC3318], and [RFC3571] are requested to be
    reclassified to Historic status as well.
END

pr

On 2 Mar 2016, at 8:56, The IESG wrote:

> To follow the procedure 2 at 
> http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/designating-rfcs-as-historic.html, 
> we need an IETF Last Call for this draft. Note that 
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-copspr-sppi-to-historic/ 
> had already its 2 weeks IETF Last Call
>

-- 
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - +1 (858)651-4478