Subject: tools

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 16:58:23 +0900

http://tools.ietf.org/ seems not to respond usefully.  both addresses

tools.ietf.org has address 64.170.98.42
tools.ietf.org has address 64.170.98.142

are pingable from iij tokyo

randy

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 11:35:01 +0100

Hi Randy,

> http://tools.ietf.org/ seems not to respond usefully.  both addresses

A bot (at 183.53.230.35) which didn't honour robots.txt had managed to get
almost all apache threads bound up in returning wiki diffs and change
lists, which are rather slow and resource-intensive pages.  I flushed
those connections at 2016-03-21_10:25:38Z, and things look better after
that.

(An email directly to [email-masked] will get a faster response
than one to [email-masked], though ,:-)

Best regards,

	Henrik