Subject: Re: IETF Service Outage

From: "Scott Weeks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 11:20:07 -0700

--- [email-masked] wrote:
From: Glen <[email-masked]>

Our engineers are always looking at additional ways of monitoring
things, but whether this was some kind of denial-of-service attack
against a physical host, or an OS failure of some kind, or maybe just
a bad network cable, we can't yet tell.
---------------------------------------------------

If you can't tell whether it was a DoS or a bad network cable 
you should talk to network operators.  We can help.  We deal 
with these things all the time.

scott

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 10:52:00 +0900

> with these things all the time.

i knew glen when he was a network operator.  his team is competent.
chill.  as you may remember from being a network operator, diagnosis
and attribution are hard and come secondary to bringing services back
up.

randy