Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Fwd: Re: Mailing list membership.

From: willi uebelherr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 22:38:19 -0300

Dear friends,

Jim Popowitch from the mailman user list sent this answer. But i wait 
also for an answer from Mark Sapiro. I don't know what the mailman 
developers changed in the newer versions in relation to the DMARC 
processing.

many greetings, willi

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Fwd: Re: Mailing list membership.
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 19:06:43 -0500
From: Jim Popovitch <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: willi uebelherr <[email-masked]>

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 2:44 PM, willi uebelherr
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> What you think about?

IETF is running Mailman v2.1.17, I think you need to upgrade and take
advantage of the DMARC processing in newer versions of Mailman.

-Jim P.

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2017 21:26:58 -0800

Hi Willi,
At 17:38 01-03-2017, willi uebelherr wrote:
>Jim Popowitch from the mailman user list sent this answer. But i 
>wait also for an answer from Mark Sapiro. I don't know what the 
>mailman developers changed in the newer versions in relation to the 
>DMARC processing.

Mailman 2.18, which was released in May 2014, has a 
dmarc_moderation_action feature which can be used for messages from a 
domain which publishes a DMARC policy of "reject" or 
"quarantine".  As an example, the message at 
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg101343.html is 
from a domain which has a DMARC policy of "p=reject;"

The possible actions of the dmarc_moderation_action feature for a 
domain which publishes a DMARC policy of "reject" or "quarantine" are:

   1. Accept the message as usual

   2. Rewrite the email address in the RFC5322.From header and set the Reply-To
      address to [email-masked]

   3. Wrap the message as a message/rfc822 sub-part in a MIME format 
outer message

   4. Reject the message

   5. Discard the message

Regards,
S. Moonesamy