Subject: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-pals-status-reduction-04

From: Dan Romascanu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:39:24 -0700

Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-pals-status-reduction-??
Reviewer: Dan Romascanu
Review Date: 2017-03-31
IETF LC End Date: 2017-03-31
IESG Telechat date: 2017-04-13

Summary:

This document describes a very useful optimization for MPLS LSP PWs
operations by defining a method for generating an aggregated PW 
status message transmitted on a MPLS LSP to indicate the status of the
PWs carried on the LSP. The document is clear, detailed and provides
all needed information for implementers to write code and for
operators to deploy. 

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments: 

1. In section 8, first paragraph: s/rages/ranges/
2. In sections 8.3, 8.4 the construct "IETF Review" is worded in three
different ways (IETF review, IETF Review, "IETF Review") - better
align