Subject: Re: [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-tls13-24.txt> (The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.3) to Proposed Standard

From: Yuhong Bao <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 02:04:26 +0000

I wonder what is IESG's opinion on the TLS arms race with middleboxes.
Yes, I am talking about moving the version number in the ServerHello.

________________________________________
From: TLS <[email-masked]> on behalf of The IESG <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2018 1:13:48 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-tls13-24.txt> (The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.3) to Proposed Standard

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'The Transport Layer Security (TLS)
Protocol Version 1.3'
  <draft-ietf-tls-tls13-24.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies version 1.3 of the Transport Layer Security
   (TLS) protocol.  TLS allows client/server applications to communicate
   over the Internet in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping,
   tampering, and message forgery.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-tls13/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-tls13/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2900/

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information:
    rfc8017: PKCS #1: RSA Cryptography Specifications Version 2.2 (Informational - IETF stream)

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls