Subject: CEO Succession at ISOC - Status update (Feb 2018)

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 16:53:53 +0200

Hi,

this is a status update on where we are in the CEO search process. In my
last note to the community, I explained that we were finishing the
selection of a search firm to support us during the process and that we
were planning to launch an open call for candidates in February:

https://www.internetsociety.org/blog/2018/01/ceo-succession-internet-society-status-update/

After issuing an RFP and conducting a set of interviews with several
firms, the CEO Search Committee selected a search firm. The selected
firm is Perrett Laver.

Based on, among other things, all the community feedback we have
received on the following email address (you can still send your input
to that address), the CEO Search Committee has developed a draft job
description:

  [email-masked]

In order to refine the job description and to make sure we gather all
the input we need, the search firm is going to conduct informational
interviews with the leadership of our communities. Accordingly, they are
going to interview the chairs of the OMAC (Organization Advisory
Council), the ChAC (Chapters Advisory Council), and the IETF (the chairs
of the IAB and the IAOC will also be interviewed). ISOC's executive team
(staff) will also be interviewed. You can also talk with them if you
prefer to provide input through them.

We believe that those interviews will be very valuable and, thus, have
decided to arrange them despite the fact that, as a result, we will not
be able to launch the open call for candidates in February, per our
original plan. We are confident that the additional input we will get
from the interviews will be worth the delay in the process.

Our current plan is to launch the open call for candidates on *March
9th*. The call will be open until *April 6th*.

As usual, we will keep the community informed about the status of the
search process and, in particular, about the open call for candidates.

Cheers,

Gonzalo Camarillo (for the board)
Chair - ISOC Board of Trustees