Subject: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-bess-evpn-usage-08

From: Sheng Jiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 19:08:15 -0800

Reviewer: Sheng Jiang
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG. These comments
were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of the IETF
drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included in AD
reviews during the IESG review. Document editors and WG chairs should treat
these comments just like any other last call comments.

This Informational document discusses the usage and applicability of BGP MPLS
based Ethernet VPN (EVPN) in a common deployment scenario. This document is
well written. It is ready with minor issues.

Major issue: no.

Minor issue: no.

Personal comments: although this document claims it focuses on a "simple" and
fairly common deployment  scenario, it is still complicated giving many aspects
of EVPN. It is hard to read giving the many technical details. I am thinking it
may helpful for readers if there was a minimum scenario to be described.
Overall, the document is well written and useful already. So please feel safe
to ignore my personal suggestion.

Regards,

Sheng