Subject: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-05

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 11:41:17 -0700

Reviewer: Christer Holmberg
Review result: Almost Ready

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-dscp-registry-05
Reviewer: Christer Holmberg
Review Date: 2018-05-23
IETF LC End Date: 2018-05-25
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary: The document is well written, and almost ready for publication. I have
one minor editorial comment that I'd like the authors to address.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments:

The Abstract says:

"This update to RFC2474 changes the IANA assignment method..."

...and the Introduction says:

 "To allow the IETF to utilise Pool 3 codepoints, this document
   requests IANA to to manage Pool 3 assignments for DSCP values in Pool
   3 via the Standards Action policy [RFC8126].  This assignment method
   requires publication of a Standards Track or Best Current Practice
   RFC."

I suggest to replace "method" with "policy".

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 07:44:29 -0500

Hi, Christer,

> I suggest to replace "method" with "policy".

I think that's right. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8126#section-4 does
call these "assignment policies".

Gorry, if you agree, could you make that change?

Thanks,

Spencer

---

From: "Gorry (erg)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 14:10:40 +0100

Happy to make this change - thanks for noting this.

Gorry 

> On 24 May 2018, at 13:44, Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi, Christer,
> 
>> On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 1:41 PM Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I think that's right. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8126#section-4 does call these "assignment policies".
>