Subject: Invitation to ISOC's Open Board Forum

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 18:10:34 +0300

Hi,

the Open Board Forum is a virtual meeting between the ISOC community
and the ISOC Trustees which serves as an open platform
to facilitate exchange of ideas, provide feedback and suggestions, or
ask any specific questions relating to the current and future direction
of the organization. The Board of Trustees would like to try something
new for the Open Board Forum and welcomes you to attend on Wednesday,
June 20th, 2018.

Since 2016, there have been four Open Board Forum meetings that took
place alongside the busy Board meeting schedule, each time at a weekend
and always in different time zones. In a bid to make this more
convenient for you, we are moving the next one to a weekday.

As well as providing you with ample notice, we invite your feedback and
suggestions in advance of this meeting. Please kindly complete the
survey via the link by Thursday, June 7th, 2018:

  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SQWB7H8

This will help us measure the level of interest from the ISOC community
in interacting with the Board and get suggestions on effective methods
of interaction. Note that we took notice of the GDPR guidelines when
processing your data.

The next Open Board Forum will take place virtually on June 20th, 2018
at 14:00 UTC. You are welcome to join us on Zoom:

  https://isoc.zoom.us/j/476291954

We thank you for your time and look forward to seeing you online.

Cheers,

Gonzalo Camarillo (for the board)
Chair - ISOC Board of Trustees

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 11:52:36 -0400

> We thank you for your time and look forward to seeing you online.

Could we please use a system based upon IETF technology (webrtc), rather than
one that requires that I download an unknown binary executable?

-- 
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [ 
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [ 
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 09:44:47 -0700

> one that requires that I download an unknown binary executable?

Big +1 on this. There are a lot of options in this space (WebEx, Hangouts,
etc.)

-Ekr

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 21:09:27 +0300

Michael, Eric,

I will relay your comments to ISOC's comms team. Thanks!

Cheers,

Gonzalo

On 10/05/2018 7:44 PM, Eric Rescorla wrote:
> 
> 
> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 8:52 AM, Michael Richardson <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
>     Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]
>     <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>         > The next Open Board Forum will take place virtually on June
>     20th, 2018
>         > at 14:00 UTC. You are welcome to join us on Zoom:
> 
>         > https://isoc.zoom.us/j/476291954
>     <https://isoc.zoom.us/j/476291954>
> 
>         > We thank you for your time and look forward to seeing you online.
> 
> Big +1 on this. There are a lot of options in this space (WebEx,
> Hangouts, etc.)
> 
> -Ekr
> 
> 
>     -- 
>     ]     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 
>     http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [
> 
>