Subject: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-07

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 14:52:38 -0700

Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review result: Almost Ready

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rlc-fec-scheme-07
Reviewer: Russ Housley
Review Date: 2018-09-14
IETF LC End Date: 2018-09-24
IESG Telechat date: unknown

Summary: Almost Ready

Major Concerns:

None.

Minor Concerns:

Section 2: Please update the first paragraph to reference RFC 8174
in addition to RFC 2119, as follows: 

   The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "NOT RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and
   "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in BCP
   14 [RFC2119] [RFC8174] when, and only when, they appear in all
   capitals, as shown here.

Section 2: Please add the definition of ^^.

Section 12.1: Please add a normative reference to RFC 8174.

The code in Appendix A will not compile using gcc unless you add:

	#include <stdint.h>

---

From: Vincent Roca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 13:01:07 +0200

Hello Russ,

Thanks a lot for this review.

> Le 14 sept. 2018 à 23:52, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> a écrit :
> 
> Reviewer: Russ Housley

I was not aware of RFC 8174. Done.
I will updated to companion I-D (draft-ietf-tsvwg-fecframe-ext) in a similar way.

> Section 2: Please add the definition of ^^.

Done.

NEW:
   a^^b     a to the power of b

> Section 12.1: Please add a normative reference to RFC 8174.

Of course.

> The code in Appendix A will not compile using gcc unless you add:

Done.

Regards,

  Vincent and Belkacem

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 09:49:11 -0400

Thanks.

> On Sep 19, 2018, at 7:01 AM, Vincent Roca <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hello Russ,
>