Subject: Tsvart telechat review of draft-ietf-lisp-gpe-06

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 03:40:50 -0700

Reviewer: Magnus Westerlund
Review result: On the Right Track

This new version resolved some of the issues, but there are still some issues
to resolve.

1. The document is missing the applicability analysis for using UDP zeron
checksum to carry either Ethernet or NHS. Each of the incapsulation formats
needs an individual analysis.

2. The Ethernet encapsulation and possible also the the NHS needs
considerations for congestion control. Where the regular LISP encapuslates only
IP, which is assumed to be congestion controlled traffic itself. The same
assumption cannot normally be made for Ethernet. So please provide either an
argumentation why that would work, or consider what mechanism are needed here
to at least prevent that a particular LISP tunnel results in persistent
congestion of the path it uses. I would think some type of circuit breaker is
appropriate for this usage. I make these comments from the assumption that LISP
will be run on top of a multi provider network without guarranted resources,
such as the Internet.