Subject: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-bess-l2l3-vpn-mcast-mib-16

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 15:59:06 -0700

Reviewer: Mahesh Jethanandani
Review result: Ready

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\cocoartf1561\cocoasubrtf600
{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;\f1\fmodern\fcharset0 Courier;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;}
{\*\expandedcolortbl;;\cssrgb\c0\c0\c0;}
\margl1440\margr1440\vieww10800\viewh11640\viewkind0
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs24 \cf0 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational
directorate\'92s\'a0ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG. \'a0These\'a0comments were written with the intent of improving
the operational\'a0aspects of the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed
in last call may be included in AD reviews during the IESG review. \'a0Document
editors and\'a0WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last
call\'a0comments.\ \ Document reviewed:
\'a0draft-ietf-bess-l2l3-vpn-mcast-mib-16\ \ Summary: \ \ Ready\ \ Document
Abstract:\ \ \pard\pardeftab720\sl300\partightenfactor0 \cf2
\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 This memo defines a portion of the Management
Information Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols in the
Internet community. In particular, it describes two MIB modules which will be
used by other MIB modules for monitoring and/or configuring Layer 2 and Layer 3
Virtual Private Networks that support multicast. \f1\fs26\fsmilli13333 \
\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs24 \cf0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \
Comments:\
\
The document defines a MIB for use with network management protocols. Other
than whether the module is correct and useful or not, which I have little
expertise in determining, there are no operating or management considerations
that need to be discussed.}

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 16:04:56 -0700

Arggh!

It is quite clear I do not know what I am doing, and know even less how to fix it :-(

Here is the review that I planned on posting. I do not know how to fix it in data tracker. We can worry about it later.

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate’s ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

Document reviewed:  draft-ietf-bess-l2l3-vpn-mcast-mib-16

Summary: 

Ready

Document Abstract:

This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB) for use with network management protocols in the Internet community. In particular, it describes two MIB modules which will be used by other MIB modules for monitoring and/or configuring Layer 2 and Layer 3 Virtual Private Networks that support multicast.

Comments:

The document defines a MIB for use with network management protocols. Other than whether the module is correct and useful or not, which I have little expertise in determining, there are no operating or management considerations that need to be discussed.

Thanks.

Mahesh Jethanandani
[email-masked]

> On Sep 12, 2018, at 3:59 PM, Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> OPS-DIR mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ops-dir