Subject: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd-15

From: Zitao Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 02:11:57 -0700

Reviewer: Zitao Wang
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate’s ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

Document reviewed: draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd-15

Summary:

This document defines a way for an Intermediate System to Intermediate System
(IS-IS) Router to advertise multiple types of supported Maximum SID Depths
(MSDs) at node and/or link granularity. Such advertisements allow entities
(e.g., centralized controllers) to determine whether a particular SID stack can
be supported in a given network.  This document only defines one type of MSD
maximum label imposition, but defines an encoding that can support other MSD
types.

Major issue: no.

Minor issue: no.