Subject: Re: Communications - Re: Ombudsteam update

From: "Scott Weeks" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 20:18:52 -0800

> > All technical communities have their own languages - that's just the
> > reality.  Learning to become fluent in that language is just the cost of
> > doing business.  
-------------------------------------------------------

A lurker here...

I just wanted to say I watched the issue under discussion going
on in several IETF lists and was very impressed at how the list
members repeatedly tried to get the person to understand how to 
make a contribution.  I became frustrated several times and PM'd 
the person imploring him to listen first, figure out who the 
main folks were, become more knowledgeable on the subject at 
hand and write the contributions later.  That didn't happen.  
However, I did see first hand the treatment given and conclude 
he was given more fair guidance than he would've received 
elsewhere. 

Back to lurking.  :)
scott