Subject: Secdir review of draft-ietf-manet-dlep-multi-hop-extension-06.txt

From: Derrell Piper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 10:17:04 -0700

I have reviewed this document as part of the security
directorate's ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being
processed by the IESG. These comments were written primarily for
the benefit of the security area directors. Document editors and
WG chairs should treat these comments just like any other last
call comments.

The summary is READY

This document defines a new DLEP Extension Type and three new
DLEP Data Items to allow modems which implement multi-hop
forwarding to change multi-hop forwarding behavior through a new
hop-control mechanism defined by these extensions.

The Security Considerations section was updated to explicitly
note this addition of a hop-control mechanism which can be used
to terminate and reset connections, affecting reacheability.  As
this new extension is defined under the existing RFC 8175
framework, the Security Considerations stated there also apply.

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2019 22:08:34 -0400

Hi,

Thanks for the review!

Lou

----------