Subject: Opsdir telechat review of draft-ietf-lamps-rfc6844bis-06

From: Qin Wu via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 19:06:19 -0700

Reviewer: Qin Wu
Review result: Ready

I have reviewed this document as part of the Operational directorate's ongoing
effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.  These
comments were written with the intent of improving the operational aspects of
the IETF drafts. Comments that are not addressed in last call may be included
in AD reviews during the IESG review.  Document editors and WG chairs should
treat these comments just like any other last call comments.

This draft substitutes RFC6844 and defines the syntax of the CAA record and
rules for processing CAA records by certificate issuers.It is well written, fix
a lot of bugs in RFC6844 and simplify the mechanism in RFC6844, I believe it is
ready for publication.

Major issue:
Not found

Minor issue:
Section 3, first paragraph:
s/ CAA Resource Record set/CAA RRSet
Section 4.3
I am not a DNS expert, Not sure why Wildcard Domain Name Is not part of RRSet
in the several examples? Section 8 I think IANA should replace RFC6844 with RFC
number assigned to this document in the the Certification Authority Restriction
Flags registry and Certification Authority Restriction Properties registry.