Subject: Re: jCal obsoletes iCalendar? (was Re: deprecating Postel's principle - considered harmful)

From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 09:55:20 -0600

On 5/10/19 4:57 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:>
 >
 >>
 >> ...
 > Speaking of which, JSCalendar (a replacement format for iCalendar 
which  removes many of the ambiguities) has just (re-)entered working 
group last call:
 >
 > https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/calsify/f0C_BRlpq-M5mQeXRLpPjPKjz7M
 >
 > Bron.
 >

jCal [RFC7265] says it is a direct mapping of iCalendar [RFC5545], not a 
replacement.

And draft-ietf-calext-jscalendar says it is an update to RFC7265 (jCal). 
It does not declare itself a replacement for RFC5545 (iCalendar).

The few emails I have sent on the mailing list on this draft received 
confusing replies on the list on the replacement topic.

Is it the intention of this draft to add OBSOLETE RFC5545 (iCalendar) ?

-- 

Doug Royer - (http://DougRoyer.US)
[email-masked]
714-989-6135