Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: LLC Board Meeting Details - 1 May 2019

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2019 12:31:19 -0700

Hi Gleen,
At 01:40 PM 03-05-2019, Deen, Glenn (NBCUniversal) wrote:
>What I was reacting to is the suggestions of going above and beyond 
>the legal requirements around COI to add public disclosure of board 
>member personal and business relationships for the LLC when we don't 
>do the same for the people that actually are in a position to set or 
>direct ietf technical work directions which in the end is very much 
>more impactful to the primary mission and work of the IETF. Which is 
>very much in contrast to the LLC Board which as you point out have 
>significant requirements legally placed on them to act appropriately 
>as members of the LLC board.

There was a message [1] to the IASA2 working group nearly a year ago 
about publishing the conflict of interest forms annually.  It is 
possible to re-open the document which is intended to be a RFC about 
that if LLC Directors or anyone else wish to avoid the suggestions 
mentioned above.

I agree that it may be unsporting to request that from a LLC Director 
when an IETF Trustee does not have such a requirement.  The 
justification to have the discussion now is to decrease the risk of 
personalization of the matter in future.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

msg-id: [email-masked]