Subject: Yangdoctors last call review of draft-ietf-ospf-yang-23

From: Ladislav Lhotka via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2019 14:15:02 -0700

Reviewer: Ladislav Lhotka
Review result: Ready with Nits

I reviewed already revision 09 of this module [1]. All substantial
objections and suggestions expressed in that review are addressed in
revision 23 and I am satisfied with the result. I especially
appreciate that descriptions were considerably expanded and references
added in many places.

I tested validity of the ietf-ospf module with pyang and Yangson
tools, and found no issues. The comments below are non-substantial and
do not affect practical use of the module.

In summary, I think this YANG module and document is a remarkable
piece of work demonstrating that it is possible to build quite complex
vendor-neutral data model that can be used equally well with several
router plaforms.

Comments:

     - names of locally-defined identities as parameters of XPath
       functions derived-from and derived-from-or-self sometimes have
       the 'ospf:' prefix, sometimes don't. I suggest to be
       consistent, and the option without a prefix looks better to me.

     - RFC 8407 suggests this format of references to RFC:
       RFC XXXX: Title of the Document
       This draft uses a hyphen instead of a colon. I suggest to
       follow the 8407 convention so as to make parsing easier.

     - the title of Sec. 2.8 should be "OSPF Notifications" (plural
       and capitalization)

     - enumerations "nssa-translator-state-type" and
       "restart-status-type" define the value parameter
       for two of their enums but not for the third. This should be
       avoided.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/review-ietf-ospf-yang-09-yangdoctors-lc-lhotka-2017-12-06/

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 18:22:18 +0000

Hi Lada, 
Thanks for the review - all the nits will be fixed in the -24 version of the draft. 
Thanks,
Acee

On 7/23/19, 5:15 PM, "Ladislav Lhotka via Datatracker" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    

    Comments: