Subject: FW: I-D Action: draft-li-cross-area-ietf-work-00.txt

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 19:52:56 +0100

Hi Robin,

Thanks for this draft. It is certainly an important topic, and your approach
of surveying some examples of cross-area work is a good first start. It
might also help to have some examples of failed attempts to coordinate work
across areas.

The next step, I think, is to draw some conclusions. What generalizations
can we make? What should we do to make this go more smoothly? What processes
should we put in place, and what changes should we make?

Best,
Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 26 July 2019 18:21
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-li-cross-area-ietf-work-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Cross-Area Work in the IETF
        Author          : Zhenbin Li
	Filename        : draft-li-cross-area-ietf-work-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2019-07-26

Abstract:
   This document investigates the benefits of cross-area work in the
   IETF.  It is examines existing cross-area work and identifies other
   possibilities for work that spans more than one area.  The intention
   is to help community members who focus their work within a specific
   area to understand related work in other areas and to motivate
   efficient cooperation across different areas in the IETF.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-li-cross-area-ietf-work/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-li-cross-area-ietf-work-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-li-cross-area-ietf-work-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Lizhenbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 16:27:40 +0000

Hi Adrian,
Thanks for your suggestion. The draft proposed the examples of the possible cross-area work as a staring point.
I will go on to examine these work as your suggestions and try to draw some lessons and experience.

Best Regards,
Zhenbin (Robin)

________________________________________
发件人: Adrian Farrel [[email-masked]]
发送时间: 2019年7月28日 2:52
收件人: 'IETF list'
抄送: Lizhenbin
主题: FW: I-D Action: draft-li-cross-area-ietf-work-00.txt

Hi Robin,

Best,
Adrian

-----Original Message-----

Abstract: