Subject: apology to the IETF list

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 13:15:22 -0400

I would like to apologize to the IETF list for "taking the bait" and 
responding to another participant's provocative post in an unproductive 
manner.

Keith

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 23:41:51 +0000

You are compounding the offense, not apologizing for calling me a liar.

________________________________
From: ietf <[email-masked]> on behalf of Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2019 1:16 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: apology to the IETF list

Keith

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 20:02:03 -0400

To be more precise, my use of “lies” in the subject line was an unhelpful choice on my part which I regret for the sake of the list.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 20, 2019, at 7:41 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 23:36:10 -0400

Phill has requested that I say that I did not intend to imply that he 
lied.   That is true, I did not intend to imply that.   As I said 
earlier, the word "lies" in the subject was a hasty and inappropriate 
choice on my part, which I regret.

I strongly disagree with several of the things he said.   But I don't 
have any reason to believe that he was insincere in making those 
statements.

I hope this clears up the matter.

Keith

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 03:55:46 +0000

Thank you. This closes the matter as far as I am concerned

________________________________
From: ietf <[email-masked]> on behalf of Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2019 11:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: apology to the IETF list

Keith