Subject: New <[email-masked]> mailing list is coming

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 12:36:38 -0400

Thanks, everyone, for your comments, which the IESG has taken into
consideration.  Most of you who commented did so in support of the
creation of a separate last-call mailing list.  We've also noted the
comments expressing concern, and we will watch for negative effects
such as those mentioned, and will keep track of what happens with
subscriptions on both this list and that one.

The new mailing list, <[email-masked]>, should be created today or
tomorrow, and all those currently subscribed to <[email-masked]> will
be automatically subscribed to the new list.  We ask everyone to wait
a bit for discussions to shift and to see what things look like with
the new setup before deciding to unsubscribe from either list.  Of
course, everyone is free to choose whether to remain subscribed to
both, just one, or neither.

We now have to get the tooling tweaked before we actually make the
shift, so let's give that a couple of weeks.  I'm posting a target
date now of 18 October, but that could change as we see exactly what
changes have to be made (and tested).

After the switch, you'll still see last-call announcements on
<[email-masked]>, and those announcements will say that
last-call comments should go to <[email-masked]> (and will have
the reply-to field set accordingly).  Please watch for that, and post
comments to the appropriate list.

And watch this space for updates.

Barry

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 13:15:57 -0400

Jared Mauch and Bron Gondwana have agreed to be the moderators of the new [email-masked] list. Many thanks to them for their willingness to take this on.

Alissa

> On Oct 3, 2019, at 12:36 PM, Barry Leiba <[email-masked]> wrote:
>