Subject: Re: [manet] Stan Ratliff

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 03:10:12 +0200

I am very sorry for our lost of an important participant in our WG and also
in the IETF community. My condolences to Stan's family and friends.
A nice person and great manager. He have worked hard to make this WG
function to its best performance. I really enjoyed discussions with him
while the WG working on DLEP, he always makes discussions simple and with
pleasure. I think he also requested this coming IETF meeting 106 schedule.

Thanks Alvaro for this message, and yes he will be really missed.

AB

+++

I include this message to ietf list, which I think it should become a
procedure for IETF, as if any of our participants passes away (specially
current WG co-chair) that this IETF general discussion list gets a
post/condolence, so that we maintain social relations in the IETF community.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 6:07 PM Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Dear WG:
>
> It is with great sadness that I want to let you all know that Stan passed
> away last week; he was only 63.  A Celebration of His Life was held today
> in Oklahoma City, where we was born.  Please include his wife and son in
> your prayers.
>
> Stan was an active contributor to the IETF for many years, including his
> long-tenure as manet Chair.  Among other work, he was a co-author of DLEP
> (rfc8175), which represents the bulk of the current activity in the WG.
>
> On a personal note, Stan and I both worked at cisco for many years.  In
> fact, it was him who introduced me to ad-hoc networking!  We worked
> together on several (mostly internal) projects related to manet, including
> rfc7137.  He was always easy to get along with, but also didn’t mince words
> when expressing his opinion.  Always a pleasure to work with!
>
> Thank you Stan!  You will be missed!
>
> Alvaro.
> _______________________________________________
> manet mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/manet
>