Subject: Question about Connection Reuse in RFC7540 / HTTP/2

From: Jonas Hünig <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 18:08:40 +0100

Hello,

I hope this is the correct place to ask.

I have a question about the connection reuse in RFC7540.

In section 9.1.1 is states, that server can send a 421 Code in case it 
is not possible to reuse the connection for a resource of another URI 
authority component.

It also lists an example for a valid case where this should be done.

In section 9.1.2 it states, that clients MAY try to get the resource 
over a different connection.

In practice most web browsers like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome do 
try do get the resource over a different connection but other browser 
like Safari 13 actually don't do this.

My question is, if there is any specific reason this is not mandatory 
declared in the RFC for clients as this results in creating situations 
in where some clients are not getting the resource at all but are 
behaving in harmony with with HTTP/2

Best regards,

Jonas Hünig
//