Subject: Re: LLC Board Meeting Details - 12 December 2019

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 00:34:01 -0800

Dear IETF Administration LLC,
At 02:44 PM 06-12-2019, IETF Administration LLC Board of Directors Chair wrote:
>IETF LLC Board of Directors meetings are conducted via 
>web/teleconference. Members of the community are welcome to attend 
>certain portions of these meetings as observers. Regular meetings 
>are divided into three sections:

I read the minutes of the December 2019 meeting.  I could not 
understand the following: "unanimously approved a resolution to 
authorise the Executive Director to recruit for a full-time support 
position".  It looks like something is missing after "recruit".

I was looking for the minutes for January 16.  Is there a reason for 
delaying the approval of the minutes for that meeting?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: "Livingood, Jason" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 18:17:55 +0000

[JL] It meant that the board authorized the ED to try to recruit (hire) someone. Subsequently that hiring was announced on 27 January in the note at https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/qK6KfxCiHK-RKuUb_tLXUJ-2x0U/.

[JL] Great question! You have identified a gap we need to fill & we can work to get those posted soon. In short - we moved from bi-weekly meetings in 2019 to monthly meetings in 2020. So we used to be able to approve minutes 2 weeks after the prior meeting. Now that we don't need to meet that frequently we'll make an effort to get minutes approved sooner than the next month's meeting.

Thanks!
Jason

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 10:54:21 -0800

Hi Jason,
At 10:17 AM 06-02-2020, Livingood, Jason wrote:
>[JL] It meant that the board authorized the ED to try to recruit 
>(hire) someone. Subsequently that hiring was announced on 27 January 
>in the note at 
>https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/qK6KfxCiHK-RKuUb_tLXUJ-2x0U/.

Thank you for clarifying that.

>[JL] Great question! You have identified a gap we need to fill & we 
>can work to get those posted soon. In short - we moved from 
>bi-weekly meetings in 2019 to monthly meetings in 2020. So we used 
>to be able to approve minutes 2 weeks after the prior meeting. Now 
>that we don't need to meet that frequently we'll make an effort to 
>get minutes approved sooner than the next month's meeting.

Ok.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy