Subject: Re: Inform: 2020 IETF Executive Director Goals

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 10:21:34 +0100

IETF Administration LLC Board of Directors Chair wrote:
    > 3. IETF Tools: Modernise information technology systems and platforms
    > on which the IETF depends to meet existing and future requirements and
    > provide a solid foundation for future development, improved
    > reliability, performance and accessibility.

In chatting with Russ Housley this week, the origin of some knock-on
limitations of some of our systems became more obvious.
(Like: that we can't have aliases for Mailing lists because of limitations of
the mail archival system, or that we don't accept internationalized names/emails for
registration, because the mailman would then croak on that)

Does the tools team and board have a public issue tracker for these things?
Maybe it's in a trac on tools.ietf.org, if so, I'm not sure which one.
I suggest that the community will benefit from understanding the list of
known issues, and this will help us see the priorities.  I suspect that this
will also help with (5. Communications & Interaction).

-- 
]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [ 
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [ 
]     [email-masked]  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [