Subject: FYI: NetDev 0x14 postponed (Re: Further update on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and IETF 107 Vancouver)

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2020 19:07:33 +0100

FYI:

From: Jamal Hadi Salim via people <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
To: people <[email-masked]>
Subject: [NetDev-People] 0x14: COVID-19 update, postponement of Netdev conf 0x14
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 20:20:28 -0500 Sat, 29 Feb 2020 17:20:29 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

After much deliberation, due to the Coronavirus outbreak
(COVID-19) the NetDev Society board has decided to
postpone the conference scheduled to happen in Vancouver,
BC March 17th-20, 2020. Netdev Society has been consulting
with attendees and sponsors, monitoring health
organizations, and trying to work with government and
corporate imposed restrictions on travel and event
attendance. The conclusion reached is that for the health
and wellbeing of the community, it is best to postpone the
conference at this time. We understand that this is an
unfortunate situation for everyone, and very much
appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this
matter.

The new tentative date for Netdev conference is June 16
to 19th, 2020 at the same location. Please note that this
date is tentative due to the unpredictability of the
Coronavirus.

What happens to registration:
         1. If you are already registered then no action is needed.
         All registrations are applied to the new date for the
         conference.

         2. If you cannot make the new date for the conference, you
         can cancel registration for a refund minus a 7% processing
         fee. To cancel registration please send a request to
         [email-masked].

         3. Conference registration will remain open. If you have
         not registered and intend to attend the conference for the
         new date you may do so at current rates. Details are at:
         https://netdevconf.info/0x14/register.html.

For any questions or points of clarification, please email:
[email-masked]

We will be updating the conference web site in the next few days.
Please see https://netdevconf.info/0x14 for the latest conference
information.

Thanks,
Jamal on behalf Netdev Society
_______________________________________________
people mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.netdevconf.info/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/people