Subject: Re: [107all] IETF 107 cancellation administrative follow-up

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 18:17:54 -0500

On 3/10/2020 5:04 PM, IETF Executive Director wrote:
> - If you are booked at the Coast Coal Harbour Hotel then we understand that they retain the right to keep the deposit.  We are working with them to see if they will consider waiving that given the extraordinary circumstances.

It looks like this may have succeeded? Their Twitter account has implied 
that it will be offering full refunds for cancellation:

https://twitter.com/coasthotels/status/1237551754520064001?s=20

Coast Hotels <https://twitter.com/@coasthotels>Coast Hotels 
<https://twitter.com/@coasthotels>@coasthotels 
<https://twitter.com/@coasthotels>
@letoams <https://twitter.com/letoams>With official communication from 
the IETF issued this afternoon, stating the Conference had been 
cancelled, Coast Hotels will be issuing a refund for the remaining 
amount. Unfortunately that info wasn’t made public earlier, when you 
originally executed your cancellation.
TwitterTwitter|Yesterday at 8:31 PM 
<https://twitter.com/coasthotels/status/1237551754520064001?s=20>

/a

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 21:08:04 +0100

On 2020-03-10, at 23:04, IETF Executive Director <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> - Starting in 48 hours time we will begin to refund in full all registration fees for those registered to participate in-person.  

Just got my refund, thank you.

In other news, Canada is now closing entry for non-citizens, so maybe I’ll get my airline ticket refunded, too (KLM’s refund system seems borked right now, though).

Grüße, Carsten