Subject: Re: WG Action: Conclusion of DNS Over HTTPS (doh)

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 15:41:34 -0400

Just out of curiosity, why did this announcement come from the
IAB Chair.  Opening and concluding WGs has never, to my
knowledge, been an IAB responsibility.  Presumably if makes
almost no differene but, if anyone had carefully-designed
filters for the IETF-announce list, this might confuse them.

best,
   john

--On Tuesday, March 17, 2020 12:17 -0700 IAB Chair
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> The DNS Over HTTPS (doh) WG in the Applications and Real-Time
> Area Area  has concluded. The IESG contact persons are Barry
> Leiba, Alexey  Melnikov, and Adam Roach.
> 
> The DOH working group was chartered to produce the DoH
> specification, which it did some time ago. We have left it
> open while we sorted out where other, related work would go,
> and we now have the ADD working group chartered to handle some
> of that. It is, therefore, time to close the DOH working group.
> 
> The mailing list will remain open for now, but might be closed
> later. In any case, the archives will stay around.
> 
> Thanks very much to Dave Lawrence and Ben Schwartz for having
> chaired the DOH working group, and to the participants who
> helped make it successful.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 15:43:38 -0400

Never mind, just corrected.

   john