Subject: Re: COVID Resource Matching

From: Rich Kulawiec <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 10:37:17 -0400

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 09:53:09AM -0400, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> So here is the challenge: We need an electronic scoreboard that can help
> match resources to needs.

I'm tracking a few of these.   This page:

	Covid-19
	http://www.firemountain.net/covid19.html

is just a set of links to resources (e.g., CDC, NIH, Johns Hopkins,
Oxford, etc.) and under "ways for everyone to help" I've linked to some
of the ongoing projects.  But as you point out:

> And this is going to require substantial
> resources, probably a team of a dozen or more people to run. Which means
> that we need a Google or a Microsoft or the like to step up. This is far
> beyond what a single person is going to be able to support it is going to
> grow too fast.

Absolutely.  I've barely scratched the surface, doing this in my
copious(!) spare time.  I'd postpone (nearly) everything else I'm doing
to work on such a project if there was funding for it.

BTW: a few caveats on that page: first, it's North American-centric
because I started it for NANOG.  Second, it's also UK/AU/NZ-centric
because I added some things to assist REN-ISAC folks.  Third, there's
little doubt it's also US-centric because that's where I am.   Thus it
doesn't even pretend to be comprehensive, it's just a quick reference
for a limited subset of people and there are obvious gaps in its coverage.

---rsk