Subject: What's going on in SPRING WG? (Re: [spring] WGLC - draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming)

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 16:36:41 -0300

On 14/4/20 09:16, Martin Vigoureux wrote:
> WG,
> 
> it's been more than a month since the e-mail below.
> In the meantime there were few updates. These updates cover the 
> resolution of Brian's (v11 and finally v12) and Joel's (v13 and finally 
> v15) concerns, plus some other minor changes.

So, procedurally speaking, how come that:

1) *Firstly* you declare consensus

2) Then multiple folks claim that their concerns have been ignored,

3) Once month later, and after successive revisions from the one you
    declared consensus on, you ship the document to the IESG for
    publication?

During the last month, I asked multiple times what was the status of 
this documents. My questions were ignored.

Was the plan to try to address concerns *after* you had already declared 
wg consensus?

And, in that light, didn't you get the process backwards? (i.e., first 
you listen to the community, then concerns are addressed, and *then* you 
declare wg consensus?)

Thanks,
-- 
Fernando Gont
SI6 Networks
e-mail: [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 6666 31C6 D484 63B2 8FB1 E3C4 AE25 0D55 1D4E 7492