Subject: Malicious RFC standards ongoing threat

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 10:40:21 +0200

"Today, a threat actor known as the Internet Engineering Task Force
(IETF), aka APT0, is likely to globally strike against networks
through the periodic publication of malicious RFCs"

https://media.cert.europa.eu/static/MEMO/2020/TLP-WHITE-TA-2020-420-malicious-rfcs-v1.0.pdf

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 10:05:28 +0100

> through the periodic publication of malicious RFCs"

I like that we're the zero-th APT! - We should ask IANA to
reserve that:-)

S

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 13:36:56 +0200

On 2020-04-01, at 11:05, Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> Internet Engineering Task Force
>> (IETF), aka APT0,

Who makes the T-Shirt?

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Ali Mezgani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 12:54:02 +0100

Arf, I need a T-shirt with roots well written.

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 15:36:02 +0200

> I like that we're the zero-th APT! - We should ask IANA to

An RFC to setup the APT registry. Only 8 bits needed and the top 127
reserved for experimental use, so called Non-pronouncable APTs.

Next year somebody can follow up with UniAPT.

	Cheers Leif