Subject: NomCom 2021-2022: Announcement of NomCom selections

From: NomCom Chair 2021 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 17:44:29 -0800

NEW INTERNET ARCHITECTURE BOARD, IETF TRUST, IETF LLC AND INTERNET
ENGINEERING TASK FORCE LEADERSHIP ANNOUNCED

24 January 2022 — Members of the incoming Internet Architecture Board (IAB),
the IETF Trust, the IETF Administration LLC (IETF LLC) Board of Directors,
and the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG)—which provides leadership
for the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)—have been officially
announced, with new members selected by the 2021-2022 IETF Nominating
Committee.

The IETF sets technical standards for the global Internet and the IAB
provides long-range technical direction for Internet development. 

The 2021-2022 IETF Nominating Committee (NomCom) chaired by Gabriel
Montenegro was responsible for considering candidates for open seats on the
IETF LLC Board, the IETF Trust, the IAB, and the IESG. Candidates selected
by the NomCom are indicated by asterisks in the lists below. Other members
are continuing existing terms.

The new IAB and IESG will be officially seated at the upcoming IETF 113
meeting scheduled to be held on 19-25 March 2022 in Vienna, Austria. New
members of the IETF Trust and IETF LLC Board will be seated at the next
meetings of—or as otherwise provided by the procedures of—the respective
bodies.

INTERNET ARCHITECTURE BOARD

The IAB provides oversight and commentary on aspects of the Internet’s
technical architecture. IAB members beginning in March will be:

	• Jari Arkko, Ericsson
	• Deborah Brungard, AT&T
	• Lars Eggert, NetApp
	• Wes Hardaker, USC/ISI
	• Cullen Jennings*, Cisco
	• Mallory Knodel*, Center for Democracy and Technology
	• Mirja Kühlewind*, Ericsson
	• Zhenbin Li, Huawei
	• Tommy Pauly*, Apple
	• David Schinazi, Google
	• Russ White, Juniper
	• Qin Wu*, Huawei Technologies
	• Jiankang Yao 姚健康*, CNNIC China Internet Network Information Center

Colin Perkins, Chair of the Internet Research Task Force (IRTF), will serve
as an ex-officio member of the IAB.  See the IAB website for more
information.

INTERNET ENGINEERING STEERING GROUP

The IESG is responsible for technical management of IETF activities and the
Internet standards process, including final approval of specifications as
Internet standards. The work of the IETF is organized into six technical
areas and one administrative (general) area. The IESG consists of the area
directors (ADs) for each area, who are generally each appointed for two-year
terms. Members of the IESG beginning 21 March will be:

Applications and Real-Time (ART) Area
	• Murray Kucherawy*, Facebook
	• Francesca Palombini, Ericsson
General (GEN) Area
	• Lars Eggert, NetApp
Internet (INT) Area
	• Erik Kline*, Google
	• Éric Vyncke, Cisco
Operations and Management (OPS) Area
	• Warren Kumari, Google
	• Robert Wilton*, Cisco
Routing (RTG) Area
	• Andrew Alston*, Liquid Intelligent Technologies
	• Alvaro Retana, Futurewei
	• John Scudder, Juniper
Security (SEC) Area
	• Roman Danyliw, CERT/Software Engineering Institute
	• Paul Wouters*, Aiven
Transport (TSV) Area
	• Martin Duke*, Google
	• Zaheduzzaman Sarker, Ericsson

In addition to his role as the Area Director for the General Area, Lars
Eggert will serve as  the IETF Chair. The IAB Chair also serves  as an
ex-officio member of the IESG. More information is available on the IESG
webpage.

IETF ADMINISTRATION LLC BOARD OF DIRECTORS

The IETF Administration LLC (IETF LLC) provides the corporate legal home for
the IETF, the IAB, and the IRTF. Responsibilities of the IETF LLC include:
supporting the ongoing operations of the IETF, managing the IETF's finances
and budget, raising money on behalf of the IETF, and establishing and
enforcing policies. Members of the IETF LLC Board of Directors are:

	• Maja Andjelkovic (NomCom appointee, term ends 2024)
	• Lars Eggert (IESG appointee, term ends 2023)
	• Jason Livingood, Chair (NomCom appointee, term ends 2025)*
	• Sean Turner, Treasurer (Internet Society appointee, term ends 2022)
	• Peter Van Roste (NomCom appointee, term ends 2023)

IETF TRUST

The IETF Trust acquires, holds, maintains and licenses intellectual property
and other property used in connection with the Internet standards process. 
IETF Trustees are:

	• Glenn Deen
	• Joel Halpern
	• John Levine
	• Kathleen Moriarty*
	• Stephan Wenger

ABOUT THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE

The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) is the Internet's premier
technical standards body. It gathers a large international community of
network designers, engineers, operators, vendors, and researchers concerned
with the evolution of the Internet architecture and the smooth operation of
the Internet. The IETF seeks broad participation. The work of the IETF takes
place online, largely through email lists, reducing barriers to
participation and maximizing contributions from around the world. More than
120 IETF working groups are organized by topic into areas such as routing,
transport, and security. For more information, see: http://www.ietf.org/about/ 

A WORD FROM NOMCOM

The members of the NomCom thank all of the members of the community 

who offered to serve on the IESG, IAB, IETF LLC and IETF Trust.
Additionally, our thanks go out to the many members of the community who
have supported the NomCom process.  This is primarily a community of
volunteers and the NomCom is extremely grateful to everyone who aided us in
our task.

With this announcement, the regular work of the NomCom 2021-2022 is at an
end.  

Kind regards,

Gabriel Montenegro
IETF NomCom Chair 2021-2022 
nomcom-chair-2021 at ietf.org