Subject: RE: Using AlgorithmIdentifier in td-domain-paramaters

From: "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 15:37:43 -0800

Sam Hartman wrote:
> I propose that we use AlgorithmIdentifier instead of DomainParamaters
in td-dh-parameters.

> That gets us the ASN.1 for EC without having any EC discussion in this
spec.

Not sure if this helps. Don't you need to say what is the value of the
algorithm id anyway?

-- Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Sam Hartman
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 2:32 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Using AlgorithmIdentifier in td-domain-paramaters

I propose that we use AlgorithmIdentifier instead of DomainParamaters in
td-dh-parameters.

That gets us the ASN.1 for EC without having any EC discussion in this
spec.

--Sam

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:35:09 -0500

>>>>> "Liqiang(Larry)" == Liqiang(Larry) Zhu <[email-masked]> writes:

    Liqiang(Larry)> Not sure if this helps. Don't you need to say what
    Liqiang(Larry)> is the value of the algorithm id anyway?

Sure.  This spec defines DH mod p, but another spec can define the EC
groups to use and give an algorithm ID.