Subject: CONSENSUS CALL - PKINIT TD-DH-PARAMETERS

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 19:30:09 -0500

This is ticket #833.

Larry proposed that TD-DH-PARAMETERS should be a sequence of
DomainParameters, rather than only one. Text to this effect appears in
pkinit-23, but we still need a consensus before this goes to the IESG.

To that end, I would like to see comments supporting or opposing this 
proposal, even if you have previously commented.  Note that the question at 
hand is _only_ whether TD-DH-PARAMETERS should be extended from a single 
DomainParameters to a SEQUENCE -- the issue of changes to support EC groups 
will be handled separately.

Thanks...

-- Jeff

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 22:37:43 -0500

>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]> writes:

    Jeffrey> This is ticket #833.  Larry proposed that
    Jeffrey> TD-DH-PARAMETERS should be a sequence of
    Jeffrey> DomainParameters, rather than only one. Text to this
    Jeffrey> effect appears in pkinit-23, but we still need a
    Jeffrey> consensus before this goes to the IESG.

I support this change.  I thought it was a sequence already and
probably would have brought this issue up during AD review if Larry
had not already done so.  I probably would not have made it a blocking
comment.

--Sam

---

From: Brian Tung <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 21:22:46 -0800

> will be handled separately.

I support this change.

Brian Tung <[email-masked]>

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 00:11:02 -0600

I support this change.