Subject: RE: PKINIT-23 comments: section 3.2.3.1 ECDH support

From: "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 15:31:55 -0800

-24 contains key-derivations, you can use it with arbitary EC curves,
but the ECDH domain parameters will come (and should come) out in a
separate I-D.

-- Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicolas Williams [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 2:40 PM
To: Sam Hartman
Cc: Liqiang(Larry) Zhu; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: PKINIT-23 comments: section 3.2.3.1 ECDH support

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 05:38:23PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I think I'd like to see support from more than one vendor before 
> accepting the Ec DH changes.  I don't feel particularly strong about 
> this.

While I support the addition of ECDH support to PKINIT, I also think
that may be best done in a separate I-D.

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 20:18:27 -0500

> but the ECDH domain parameters will come (and should come) out in a

So far I have seen no comments in favor of adding this text to PKINIT.
As I've said before, a single suggestion does not a consensus make.

This issue is still open, and is #840.

-- Jeff

---

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 00:25:56 -0600

> As I've said before, a single suggestion does not a consensus make.

We should get the ASN.1 right so PKINIT can be used with ECDH, and we
should do that now.  But if we can leave ECDH details to a separate I-D
I would prefer that.