Subject: RFC 3962 on Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Encryption for Kerberos 5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:50:11 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 3962

         Title:      Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Encryption for
                     Kerberos 5
         Author(s):  K. Raeburn
         Status:     Standards Track
         Date:       February 2005
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      16
         Characters: 32844
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

         I-D Tag:    draft-raeburn-krb-rijndael-krb-07.txt

         URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3962.txt

The United States National Institute of Standards and Technology
(NIST) has chosen a new Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), which is
significantly faster and (it is believed) more secure than the old
Data Encryption Standard (DES) algorithm.  This document is a
specification for the addition of this algorithm to the Kerberos
cryptosystem suite.

This document is a product of the Kerberos Working Group Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

         To: [email-masked]
         Subject: getting rfcs

         help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.