Subject: RFC 3961 on Encryption and Checksum Specifications for Kerberos 5

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:48:21 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

         RFC 3961

         Title:      Encryption and Checksum Specifications
                     for Kerberos 5
         Author(s):  K. Raeburn
         Status:     Standards Track
         Date:       February 2005
         Mailbox:    [email-masked]
         Pages:      50
         Characters: 111865
         Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

         I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-krb-wg-crypto-07.txt

         URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3961.txt

This document describes a framework for defining encryption and
checksum mechanisms for use with the Kerberos protocol, defining an
abstraction layer between the Kerberos protocol and related
protocols, and the actual mechanisms themselves.  The document also
defines several mechanisms.  Some are taken from RFC 1510,
modified in form to fit this new framework and occasionally modified
in content when the old specification was incorrect.  New mechanisms
are presented here as well.  This document does NOT indicate which
mechanisms may be considered "required to implement".

This document is a product of the Kerberos Working Group Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

         To: [email-masked]
         Subject: getting rfcs

         help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.
_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce