Subject: PKINIT-31 changes

From: "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:27:01 -0800

According to RFC4120: Error 76 is already taken       
       
Therefore the following error codes were incremented by 1.

       KDC_ERR_INCONSISTENT_KEY_PURPOSE             77
       KDC_ERR_DIGEST_IN_CERT_NOT_ACCEPTED          78
       KDC_ERR_HASH_IN_KDF_NOT_ACCEPTED             79
       KDC_ERR_DIGEST_IN_SIGNED_DATA_NOT_ACCEPTED   80

Any objections? 

Error 76 was dropped in draft -14 (the last revision that still uses 76
is draft -13).

-- Larry

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 02:04:32 -0500

> According to RFC4120: Error 76 is already taken

... but reserved for PKINIT.  Unless something else is using it also,  
I don't see a problem with recycling the number for some other PKINIT  
purpose.  If the idea is that pre-draft-14 implementations are  
deployed and using that error code and therefore we shouldn't reuse  
it for different purposes, we should probably document it at least as  
"reserved" in the PKINIT spec, and mention why.

Ken

---

From: "Liqiang(Larry) Zhu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 00:19:46 -0800

yes, 76 is used in windows 2000.

________________________________

From: Ken Raeburn [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sat 12/17/2005 11:04 PM
To: Liqiang(Larry) Zhu
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: PKINIT-31 changes

Ken