Subject: Summary of krb-wg sessions at IETF 69

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:31:30 -0400 (EDT)

Kerberos Working Group - IETF 69 meeting summary

ACTION ITEMS:

* jhutz: Send updated milestones to IESG secretary
* jhutz: Send PKINIT ECC to IESG
* jhutz: Review set/change password and send to AD (pending update from nico)
* jhutz: Send naming to IESG (holding to send with anon)
* jhutz: Start WGLC on anonymous
* lzhu: Start WGLC on GSS-KRB5 hash agility
* nico: Submit corrected version of set/change password
* lha: Finish work on PKINIT hash agility implementation and update document
* leif: Update data model document to reflect feedback
* hartmans/lzhu: Update preauth-fw document to reflect feedback
* jhutz/lzhu: Find co-editors for i18n/negotiation doc
* sakane: Request review of cross-realm on the mailing list, and update the
  document to reflect comments from the meeting plus any received on the list.

DECISIONS (to be validated):

* preauth-fw: add a pa-data item to PA-AUTHENTICATION-SET-ELEM
* cross-realm: include problems of interest, even if we won't solve them
* cross-realm: all six points currently included are problems of interest

SESSION SUMMARY:

The Kerberos WG met twice this week.  During the first session, Sam
Hartman and Tom Yu presented a proposal they are putting forward along
with Nicolas Williams and Larry Zhu, to change the direction of work on
the next revision of the Kerberos specification.  The remainder of the
session was spent on discussion of the proposal.

The second session began with a brief review of the WG's active documents,
including several which are in the queue to go to WGLC, some which have
passed WGLC and are waiting for a writeup, and a few that need a bit more
work before they are ready to go.

Leif Johansson gave us an update on the KDC data model document, and raised
a few open issues on which he wanted input from the working group.  This
was followed by discussion, and Leif will submit a new version of the
document based on feedback received.

Sam and Larry gave an update on the preauth framework document.  They
reviewed the resolution of several previously-open issues, and discussed
some on which input was still needed.  There will be further discussion on
the mailing list, followed by an updated version of the document.  This
document should be nearly ready for WGLC, except that it will likely need
changes if the v5.3-via-FAST proposal from Monday is adopted.

Shoichi Sakane gave an overview of the cross-realm problems document, and
asked for input from the WG on whether we agree that all of the listed
items are in fact problems which should be discussed here.  The sense of
the room was that all six items listed are indeed problems, and that they
should be included in the document regardless of whether the working group
intends to find solutions for them.