Subject: Re: [Ietf-krb-wg] [abfab] draft-adamson-nfsv4-multi-domain-access - which IETF working group?

From: Nicolas Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 23:45:05 -0500

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 03:20:09PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> Here's my $0.02 worth on how best to move forward your draft  and to
> involve other people.

Thank you Sam, I agree completely with all that you've said.

I was wondering if the ABFAB community would find the focus on LDAP to
be objectionable.  You would have said stated such an objection if you'd
had it, but others might still...  Should that happen I suppose we could
generalize the document to include the use of SAML for name services as
an option, just as we hear that we need to allow for certain options
(e.g., non-standard base DN forms).

We still need to hear from others, but it's looking like the next step
is to make sure that this work falls in the NFSv4 WG charter, either
by interpreting the current charter as encompassing it, or, more likely,
by seeking to amend the NFSv4 WG charter.

Thanks again,

Nico
-- 
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg