Subject: [Ietf-krb-wg] A new draft submission

From: Hasnaa Moustafa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:49:09 +0200

Hi,

I would like to inform you of the submission of a new draft (Distributed
Authentication in Wireless Mesh Networks Through Kerberos Tickets
<draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-00.txt> ).

 The draft is accessible at
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-00.txt

This draft replaces the old submission of the previous draft (
draft-moustafa-krb-wg-ps-00.txt).

Please do not hesitate to send your comments and feedbacks on this draft.

Kind regards,
Hassnaa
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 15:42:47 -0400

> Please do not hesitate to send your comments and feedbacks on this draft.

Has anyone read this document yet?
Is anyone interested in picking up this work?

-- Jeff

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 10:24:37 -0400

>>>>> "Jeffrey" == Jeffrey Hutzelman <[email-masked]> writes:

    Jeffrey> --On Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:49:09 PM +0200 Hasnaa
    Jeffrey> Moustafa
    Jeffrey> <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
    >> 
    >> I would like to inform you of the submission of a new draft
    >> (Distributed Authentication in Wireless Mesh Networks Through
    >> Kerberos Tickets <draft-moustafa-krb-wg-mesh-nw-00.txt> ).
    >> 

    Jeffrey> Has anyone read this document yet?  Is anyone interested in
    Jeffrey> picking up this work?

I have.
I think that the topic area is interesting.

I think that a brainstorming session between the authors of the draft
and members of the Kerberos community to better understand what's going
on would be very valuable.

I think that a presentation on this draft would lead to a bunch of rapid
fire questions that would not be resolved in the time allowed.  If we
had an extra 40 minutes to spend on this and had a fairly small number
of people there, it might be productive.  However absent that (which I'm
fairly sure we don't have), I'd recommend a group of people getting
together outside of the WG meeting and discussing the proposal to refine
for presentation in Prague.
_______________________________________________
ietf-krb-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.anl.gov/mailman/listinfo/ietf-krb-wg

---

From: "Henry B. Hotz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 12:44:04 -0700

After your prompting @MIT, I took a look at it.  I'm sorry to say that I don't think I understand the problem which is supposed to be addressed, so I would have to spend some time studying it in detail in order to (only possibly) infer the problem from the details.

I think Sam's suggestion of an outside-WG meeting would be useful.  An introduction for those of us not already familiar with the intended problem space, but already familiar with traditional Kerberos problem spaces would seem useful.

Sorry I don't have time to be more helpful.

> Is anyone interested in picking up this work?

------------------------------------------------------
The opinions expressed in this message are mine,
not those of Caltech, JPL, NASA, or the US Government.
[email-masked], or [email-masked]