Subject: Re: draft-atlas-rtgwg-ipfrr-ip-mib-00.txt

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 11:08:18 -0500

At 01:38 PM 11/11/2004, Adrian Farrel wrote:
>A few nits, probably worth getting them out early.
>
>1. Please say "MIB module" not "MIB"

Will do.

>2. As suggested at the mic, do consider SNMP Notifications, but also 
>consider the amount
>of information overload that might arise on recovery from a single network 
>fault. Probably
>much more interesting to keep statistics and history about actions and errors.

I think these belong in the IGP-specific MIBs, so that they can be related 
to the particular area that was affected.

Of interest might be:
         a) Event count: hold-down for link-protecting alternates was 
terminated because a node failed.
         b) Event count: hold-down for node-protecting alternates was 
terminated because an unrelated link failed.
         c) Event count: single link failure triggered SPF
         d) Event count: single node failure triggered SPF
         e) Event count: local link failure triggered SPF
etc.

>3. Please split references into normative and informational.
>I suspect draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2096-update-07 is needed as a normative reference

Sure

>4. I agree that write access will be needed for some objects.

Do you think we need write access into both the ipFrrAltTable and the 
ipFrrNoAltTable?  I primarily see this as being useful for static routes.

Thanks,
Alia

_______________________________________________
Rtgwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rtgwg

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:08:49 -0000

Alia,

> ipFrrNoAltTable?  I primarily see this as being useful for static
routes.

Well, I don't have RFC2096-update to hand, but I suspect that you need
similar access as is provided to inetCidrRouteTable. If you're playing
with static routes then these are exactly what I would expect to see
configurable through write access. (You wouldn't want to have an
operator writing all over dynamic routes!)

Cheers,
Adrian