Subject: Followup on my comments

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 11:51:40 -0400

Dear Authors, et al.,
to summarize my comments at the mike:

   - BFD WG will discuss possible extensions to BFD proposed in
   draft-mirmin-bfd-extended
   <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mirmin-bfd-extended-01>. Appreciate
   your comments to the potential use of the proposed ideas for iCAN.
   - It is my understanding that iCAN enables transient nodes to measure
   Residence time as defined in Section 2 RFC 8169
   <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8169#section-2>. Is my understanding of
   iCAN correct?
   - in section 4.4 of draft-mirsky-sfc-pmamm
   <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mirsky-sfc-pmamm-08> we discuss how
   the Alternate Marking method can be used to measure the Residence Time for
   an SFF and/or an SF. That can be extended to other overlay and underlay
   networks.

Regards,
Greg