Subject: [rbridge] TRILL consensus around IS-IS hello's?

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:42:08 -0700

There was some recent discussion on the IS-IS list about the TRILL Hello 
vs. the normal LAN IIH.

The most recent email in that thread is
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/isis-wg/current/msg02447.html

Question for the WG is whether we want to keep the separate TRILL Hello 
PDU, or use the LAN IIH PDU.

FWIW draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-16 says that it is a new PDU type:

4.4 TRILL-Hello Protocol

    The TRILL-Hello protocol is a little different from the layer 3 IS-IS
    LAN Hello protocol and uses a new type of IS-IS message known as a
    TRILL-Hello.

   Erik

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge

---

From: Radia Perlman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 09:04:38 -0700

I see no reason to use a different PDU type.

Radia